Center for Healthy Eating and Activity Research
Binge Eating Disorder Clinic
TELE-MEDICINE NOW AVAILABLE!
CHEAR’s Binge Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) program uses our novel research-based program to support individuals who need more than once a week therapy. The IOP program is offered 3 hours a day 3 to 5 days a week, and provides group therapy, individual therapy and meal support to “train your brain” to reduce binge eating and overeating.
Patients will learn:
- How to stop eating when physically full
- How to resist eating tempting foods
- Emotional and cognitive skills to reduce binge eating and overeating
- Coping skills to improve emotional functioning
This intensive program is designed for individuals with Binge Eating Disorder who require more structure and supervision than can be provided in an outpatient setting. CHEAR offers a unique, cutting-edge and evidence-based program that utilizes and integrates:
- Brain activity and responses
- Biological, emotional, social and environmental reasons for binge eating
- Developing inhibition to high-calorie, highly-craved foods
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Patients in our IOP program attend treatment 3-5 days per week.
- 1-2 therapy groups/day
- 1 meal/day
- Hunger and craving training
- Individual and family therapy as needed