Center for Healthy Eating and Activity Research
Binge Eating Disorder Clinic
TELE-MEDICINE NOW AVAILABLE!
CHEAR’s Binge Eating Disorder Treatment Program uses research-based methods to help patients train their brain to reduce binge eating.
Patients will learn:
- How to improve sensitivity to hunger signals.
- How to develop inhibition to foods that are beyond their caloric needs.
- How to resist giving into cravings and urges to binge eat. Skills to reduce binge eating and effectively cope with underlying emotions.
- Skills to reduce binge eating and effectively cope with underlying emotions.
- Ways to improve your nutrition and physical activity to promote overall health.
This intensive program is designed for individuals with Binge Eating Disorder who require more structure and supervision than can be provided in an outpatient setting. CHEAR offers a unique, cutting-edge and evidence-based program that utilizes and integrates:
- Brain activity and responses
- Biological, emotional, social and environmental reasons for binge eating
- Developing inhibition to high-calorie, highly-craved foods
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Patients in our IOP program attend treatment 3-5 days per week.
- 1-2 therapy groups/day
- 1 meal/day
- Hunger and craving training
- Individual and family therapy as needed