Center for Healthy Eating and Activity Research
Behavioral Health Clinic
The CHEAR outpatient clinic provides evidence-based behavioral and mental health services to children, adolescents and adults who suffer from a variety of eating and weight-related disorders including binge eating, overeating, emotional eating, weight loss/management, and gastroenterology problems, as well as eating disorders such as bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. Treatment is available in a group, individual or family setting and typically takes place once a week. We do accept a number of insurance plans. Please call our office at (858) 534-6739 or contact us via our contact form.
Every patient receives a 90-minute clinical assessment (i.e. intake) with our experienced and compassionate staff. Once the initial clinical assessment is complete, the clinician will discuss any relevant diagnosis, treatment recommendations and, if needed or requested, community referrals. An individualized treatment plan is then created to identify specific behaviors or emotions that people wish to change in order to reduce their suffering and improve their health and quality of life.
Areas of treatment include: Binge eating, overeating, weight loss, binge eating disorder, bulimia and comorbid disorders (depression, anxiety).
what is the chear clinic?
- We provide evidence-based psychotherapy and our therapists specialize in a wide variety of eating and weight-related issues which can affect health.
- Your therapist will typically meet with you and/or your family once a week for 50 minutes, but this can be adjusted to meeting more or less often throughout treatment depending on preference and need.
- The first appointment will be approximately 90 minutes for an individualized assessment and treatment plan.
- Your payment will be due each session in cash or check made out to UC Regents. If you are using your insurance, your payment will be determined by your insurance company.
- Our clinic is open from 9am – 3pm Monday through Friday
- We are located at 8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite C212, La Jolla, CA 92037.