Center for Healthy Eating and Activity Research
Adult Treatment Programs
The CHARGE program is a no-cost 5-month behavioral treatment program for veterans with overeating or binge eating and obesity. The CHARGE program is a 11-month treatment study providing veterans with strategies to regain control over eating and lose weight. The supportive group therapy provides treatment for overeating and binge eating. In the CHARGE program:
- Veterans receive information, state-of-the-art treatment for overeating and binge eating and weight loss from experienced interventionists.
- We provide manuals and handouts, as well as online resources.
There is no cost to participants and veterans are compensated for their time and effort. The entire duration of the study is 11 months. There will be no medications or medical treatments assigned.
If you have been struggling with weight loss and binge eating, we would love to help. Let us see if you qualify.
- Participants receive information to make lifestyle changes including improving quality of diet and physical activity from experienced interventionists
- Participants learn and practice problem solving skills to turn healthy behaviors into sustainable habits
- Participants learn techniques for monitoring their eating behavior and reducing overeating from experienced interventionists
- Participants learn and practice problem solving skills to make lasting changes to their eating patterns