These programs use research-based methods to help patients train their brains to reduce binge eating. Patients will learn:
• How to improve sensitivity to hunger signals
• How to develop inhibition to foods that are beyond their caloric needs
• How to resist giving into cravings and urges to binge eat.
• Skills to reduce binge eating and effectively cope with underlying emotions.
• Ways to improve your nutrition and physical activity to promote overall health.
These intensive programs are designed for individuals with Binge Eating Disorder who require more structure and supervision than can be provided in an outpatient setting.
CHEAR offers two unique, cutting-edge and evidence-based programs that utilize and integrate:
• Brain activity and responses
• Biological, emotional, social and environmental reasons for binge eating
• Developing inhibition to high-calorie, highly-craved foods
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Patients in our IOP program attend three hours of program three days per week on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30PM – 6:30PM.
• 1-2 therapy groups/day
• 1 meal/day
• Hunger and craving training
• Individual and family therapy as needed
- "I don't know where I would be without CHEAR. Their clinicians are world-class and actually cared about my progress. I now have so much more perspective, tools, and support to understand and address my binge eating."
- "I recommend this program wholeheartedly! My entire family is now so much more aware and informed about how to be help my son - who now feels much more empowered and in control of his cravings. This program has helped him so much. Thank you!!"
- "I've been with CHEAR for over a month, and it's been a life-changing experience. I have my control back, and it feels amazing to work with such caring people."